MyLife Digital, One company, dedicated to enabling organisations and their consumers to gain value from their data. Through a highly functional platform, MLD will improve the supplier-consumer value exchange by better managing the data owners’ permissions, in line with the evolving privacy regulations. Combined with its domain expertise and data simplification solutions, MLD offers organisations an almost limitless opportunity for deeper insight to improve performance and business outcomes.
MLD is transforming, and we need creative thinkers to help us achieve our ambition of being the leading engineering team in the South West. Using the best available technologies, we deliver highly available, population-scale services used by organisations and individuals. We embrace agile development practices, foster a genuine DevOps culture with continuous delivery, and work hard to develop an open, trusting environment where engineers are empowered to initiate change and improve processes. Quality, security and privacy of personal data are paramount to everything we do. We are always seeking motivated and creative team members to help us lead the organisation through rapid innovation and continuous improvement. You’ll learn new skills, be part of a growing team, and see your work make a real difference.
We are seeking an innovative, personable and technically adept pre-sales consultant to support customers as they put individuals’ rights to data protection and privacy at the heart of their customer experience. You’ll be adept at managing multiple stakeholders and happy to work in a fast paced environment where you’ll sometimes need to manage ambiguity.
The pre-sales consultant is the technical expert who works closely with prospects and MLD’s team to ensure that the solutions being offered meets the customers’ required capabilities and delivers a technical win
- Understand a customer’s business requirements (before scenarios) and technically map MLD offering(s) to those requirements to deliver positive business outcomes.
- Pro-actively engage with any virtual team built to drive MLD revenues across defined offerings.
- Identify any technical gaps in any proposal to a prospect or customer and escalate internally.
- Engage with the technical evaluation team within the prospect and build strong technical relationships through and beyond the sales cycle.
- Influence the technical buyer in the prospect to favourably position MLD’s offerings
- Build and present the Preliminary Technical Solution and agree with the prospect the technical evaluation criteria secure the technical win
- Build and deliver customised demonstrations as required to support the technical win
- Define and agree on the deliverables for ‘Proof of Value’ as required to secure the technical win and ensure documented agreement from the prospect
- Influence the Sales team to ensure any solution proposed is highly differentiated
- Engage MLD professional services to jointly build any service requirements and ensure effective handover during and beyond the sales cycle
- Capture emerging trends and requirements across the MLD customer and prospect base and influence the MLD product roadmap
- Challenge the status-quo within other MLD functions to ensure we maximise any opportunity.
- Support delivery of qualified MLD proposals
- Continue to develop and evolve technical, commercial and competitive knowledge
Qualifications and Skills
- An ability to communicate technical information to non-technical staff in a way that is easy to understand.
- An ability to build strong technical relationships internally and externally.
- Ability to clearly articulate value statements such as: risk avoidance, productivity improvements, and return on investment.
- Proven ability to maintain effective relationships with customers to build technical champions
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively in a fast-paced, complex, collaborative and team-oriented environment.
- Ability to work both independently, a self-starter but also committed to working as part of a growing team as required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.